Dragon Chicken is an Indo-Chinese dish that is sweet and tangy. The thin long pieces of tender chicken is battered, deep-fried and glazed with the delicious sauce. It is usually enjoyed with the fried-rice or steamed rice.
- Chicken thighs or breast cut in to thin long pieces – 200 Grams
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Soy Sauce – 1 Teaspoon
- One medium Egg
- Corn Starch – 1 Tablespoon
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- A clove of garlic finely chopped
- Chilli Paste – 2 Tablespoons
- Honey – 2 Tablespoon
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 1 Teaspoon
- Sesame Oil – 5 Drops
- Water – 100 Milliliters
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and soy-sauce.
- Add the egg, corn starch and mix.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces in medium heat for about 8-9 minutes.
To prepare the sauce:
Heat oil in a saucepan, fry finely chopped garlic, add chilli paste and cook for 2 minutes, add honey, lemon juice, sesame oil and water. Boil and reduce the sauce. Once sauce is thick add the chicken and mix well with the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 100 Grams (cooked Dragon- Chicken)
- Calories – 240
- Calories from Fat (g)– 100
- Total Fat (g) – 09
- Saturated Fat (g) – 2
- Tran’s fat – 0
- Cholesterol – 21
- Sodium – 230
- Total Carb – 18
- Sugars – 11
- Dietary Fiber – 1
- Total Protein (g) – 8